<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Analysis of Brad Radke 

The guys at U.S.S. Mariner are doing analyses of the significant free agents, and have a pretty good take on Twins righty Brad Radke.

I generally agree with their analysis of Radke the pitcher, and I think that he'd be an excellent pickup for the Rangers this offseason. Where I differ from them is on whether Radke will really command all that much money.

While Radke made $10.75 million last season, it was the last year of a deal where he averaged $8 million per year, so I can't really see him just refusing to sign anywhere if he doesn't get $10 million per. And I don't think anyone is going to offer him $10 million per anyway.

I think the Sele-type contract that they mention -- 2 years, $15 million -- is likely to be in the ballpark of what Radke ends up signing. Let's say 3 years, $21 million...which is an offer that Hart and the Rangers should be willing to make to Radke this offseason.


0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?