<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

I am now a DirecTV customer 

The Yankee/Red Sox game has gone into the 12th inning. Regardless of who wins, this will go down as one of the classic battles between Boston and New York.

However, I am not watching that game.

Why, you ask?

Because the no-talent assclowns at Dish Network can't get their act together long enough to get the baseball feeds right.

I live in Houston. For most of the country, Fox is broadcasting the Red Sox/Yankee game until conclusion, then switching to the Astros/Cardinals game, which is, in the meantime, being shown on FX. In Houston and nearby areas, it is the other way around...Fox is showing the Houston game, and FX is showing the Yankee/Red Sox game.

Unless you are a Dish Network subscriber in Houston.

If you are a Dish Network subscriber in Houston, then you get Cardinals/Astros on FX. And on Fox. And on some random-ass alternate feed channel that the totally useless Dish Network customer service person suggested I try.

So, for those keeping score...that is three channels with the same Astro/Cardinal feed, and none showing the Boston/New York game.

I called Dish Network. As my brother could tell you, I can be rather proactive with these companies when they aren't showing what I want to see.

Their customer service person first wanted to argue with me about what I was seeing, insisting that I was getting the Boston/New York game. Then she asked someone else for help. Then she talked to her supervisor, came back, and informed me that the problem was with my local Fox affiliate, and I needed to call them.

This, I pointed out, was a lie. The local Fox affiliate was showing the game it was supposed to show. It was FX that was showing the wrong game, and that was under the control of the geniuses (genii?) at Dish Network.

She went back to the supervisor, came back to me, and said, basically, sorry, can't do anything about it.

This sort of problem is commonplace with Dish Network. I've had this problem with them before, particularly in regard to their inability to get the right sports feed on the right place, and have found their customer service in the past to be about as helpful as a gaggle of retarded chimpanzees.

The Rangers, as well, appear to be pissed at Dish Network's incompetence.

However, it is not a problem for me anymore. I am now a DirecTV subscriber, and will be hooked up with them as of Wednesday morning.

Dish Network, because of their collective incompetence, has lost a customer who was spending $1200 per year with them -- and who only went with them, rather than with TimeWarner cable, because I could get the Rangers games on the alternate FSSW feed.

And as it turns out, I'm actually saving money, at least the first four months -- $40 per month less for the same cornucopia of channels I had been getting, plus I get NFL Season Ticket.


6 comments
Comments:
Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Free Dish Network
Thanks
 
Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Free Satellite
Thanks
 
Hi Blogger, Out surfing for information on pairstrading.com & happened upon your site. While I am now a DirecTV customer wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
 
Hi Blogger, Out surfing for information on forex traders workbook & happened upon your site. While I am now a DirecTV customer wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
 
Hello Blogger, been looking for the latest info on fx signal entry and exit and found I am now a DirecTV customer. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
 
Hi Blogger, Out surfing for information on foriegncurrency & happened upon your site. While I am now a DirecTV customer wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?