<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

XM Radio get MLB broadcast rights 

XM Radio is paying $650 million for the right to broadcast major league baseball games for the next 11 years.

Under the terms of the deal, every major league game will be broadcast, although each game will feature just one feed. The XM Radio folks say that they will consult with MLB about which feed to carry. Thus, unfortunately, if the Rangers are playing the Yankees, XM will most likely be broadcasting the Yankee radio feed.

It sounds like they're going to be picking the feed for whatever team has the biggest fan base.

Still, it is hard to complain, since it means that, as an XM radio subscriber, no matter where I am, if I have my XM radio system with me, I'll be able to hear the Ranger game.

$55+ million per year for the rights, though, seems pretty excessive. I'm just hoping XM Radio ends up being around through this whole deal.


1 comments
Comments:
I love your information on Xm Radio I bookmarked your blog and will be back soon. If you want, check out my blog on Xm Radio Exposed - please come by
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?