<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Actual Rangers news!!! On Delgado... 

Carlos Delgado's agent is saying that Delgado remains interested in the Rangers...

However, he says that it's a "lack of money" that is preventing Delgado from going forward with the Rangers...

The (very brief) piece in the DMN says that Delgado's agent claims several teams are willing to go to four or five years on Delgado, and the Mets supposedly offered 3 years at $10-12 million per year.

At the very least, I hope the Rangers have matched the Mets' offer. And I tend to believe that Delgado is sincere in wanting to come here...he's a great fit for the park, and from what I've read about him, I tend to believe that he'd be a better fit in a more low-key market like DFW than in New York.

I'd be willing to see the Rangers go 4 years, $40 million on him...maybe even 4/45, or 3/33 with a vesting option for the fourth year...

But Delgado is the one guy left on the board that the Rangers should be going after heavily. If they bring Delgado in, I'll take back some of the bad things I've said about mangement this offseason.


0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?