<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Laird on being demoted to AAA 

Evan Grant in the DMN has the following quote from Gerald Laird, on heading back to AAA:

"'I told them I'm a major league catcher,' he said. 'I don't deserve to go back to Triple-A. I thought I had answered the question of being able to play at this level last year. They gave me answers, but they didn't really seem like answers.' "

I can't say that I disagree with him. The Rangers' treatment of him has been pretty shoddy.

And those statements are likely just going to hasten his departure from Texas. He had already fallen out of favor, and publicly complaining about how he's being treated is simply going to put him further in the doghouse.

I expect him to be dealt relatively soon.


2 comments
Comments:
He had already fallen out of favor

What?
 
I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?