<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Still more on the Laird and Nix saga 

T.R. Sullivan today updates the Laird and Nix saga, with the two supposedly the victims of a big misunderstanding. The new story:

An equipment delay kept outfielder Laynce Nix and catcher Gerald Laird from playing in the season opener for the Triple A Oklahoma RedHawks on Thursday at Memphis. Nix and Laird reported in plenty of time to Oklahoma after being sent down by the Rangers on Sunday in San Francisco.

The problem was that their equipment was mistakenly sent from San Francisco to Oklahoma City by ground transportation instead of being sent on overnight delivery.

"It's just a matter of when their equipment gets there," Buck Showalter said. "The last thing I worry about is Gerald and Laynce getting ready to play."

Showalter, who spoke with Nix by phone Friday, said neither player did anything wrong.


I don't know that I believe that, but hey, if that's the case, then great...it obviously is a lot better for the players and the team if this is actually the case...


1 comments
Comments:
Hello,

I am searching around for fresh information
for my cc Infopage.
This website contains 30,000 Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog. I hope you enjoy "Blogging" as much as I do.

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
http://www.infopage.cc

Today's Tip: Visit cc Infopage about google
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?